Saturday, June 21, 2008

Job Satisfaction

"Job satisfaction has been defined as a pleasurable emotional state resulting from the appraisal of one’s job
[1]); an affective reaction to one’s job [2]; and an attitude towards one’s job [3]. Weiss (2002) has argued that job satisfaction is an attitude but points out that researchers should clearly distinguish the objects of cognitive evaluation which are affect (emotion), beliefs and behaviours [4]. This definition suggests that we form attitudes towards our jobs by taking into account our feelings, our beliefs, and our behaviors." (extract http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_satisfaction)

Is it so hard to achieve job satisfaction? Personally for me, all these years of working at 3 govt bodies have taught me to look at the bright side of things or choose to harbour negative thoughts whenever a situation crops up at work which may disrupt the daily routine or normal flow at the workplace. Knowing that there are things which are beyond my control is a form of strength. I've learnt to be positive and do not allow negative thoughts to consume my mind. Still, i cant be satisfied enough.

I've tried the frontline, administrative, event management...yet..something is amiss.
And coming 23rd Jun, i'll set my feet on new line. And i hope to advance my career from there.InsyaAllah. This is what i want & i want to achieve it.
May all my dreams come true.

No comments: